Thursday, May 21, 2009

Jonathan went to his Baccalaureate

Tonight was Jonathan's Baccalaureate for his class at a local church. He and his dad went to it, and he said he was glad that he went. He said the minister told them not to concentrate on the past but to be concerned only with the future. He really seemed to have enjoyed the message.
I stayed home tonight with the doggies, so that we aren't leaving them two days in a row for awhile. I really wasn't even planning to have Jonathan go, but LB said it was part of their graduation ceremony, and he thought he should go, I'm glad he suggested it, and that they went.
One more day, this time tomorrow he'll have the diploma in hand and be feeling pretty good about the accomplishment.
He's been getting some cards in the mail from friends and family, and even some money which he is really into. He's putting it all up and writing on the back of his cards so he can send out thank you notes. Thought that was good on his part.

1 comment:

  1. Libby, he looks so handsome in his prom night photo! You must be so proud of him. You know, I like that you mentioned that he is preparing to send thank you notes out! What a lost art. so many kids just "take the money and run". IMO it show good upbringing and a rare (now-a-days)maturity level on his part! Enjoy graduation, lookin g forward to pics on Shar Pei Forum! Lori

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Jefferson Township, Ohio, United States
This is a blog about my life. Nothing fancy and nothing of consistency very much either, as I tend on occassion to forget to write on here. Anyway, I'm a married woman of 38. My son Jonathan just graduated from high school and now in the process of figuring out what to do next. We have 6 Chinese Shar Pei, and that pretty much sums me up.

Followers