Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Baby Birds



We have a birds nest in one of the rose bushes! Not sure what kind of bird it is, it appears to be some sort of finch type bird, as it is very tiny. Anyway, we discovered it awhile back and I've been monitoring the activity as I can.











So, I got to looking when the mommy was gone, and guess what!?! There are babies now! You can't make them out really good in the pictures, they were just little fuzz balls. Its very hard to get a good shot, as the nest is just out of reach without stretching and hoping for a good shot.

I will continue to update as the wee ones grow.
The mommy sets on the nest faithfully. I've only happened upon it a few times without her around.

1 comment:

  1. I love watching baby birds grow! We have a set of Mockingbirds with babies in our Rose of Sharon, I've spent hours watching Mom & Dad feed them. Peaceful.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Jefferson Township, Ohio, United States
This is a blog about my life. Nothing fancy and nothing of consistency very much either, as I tend on occassion to forget to write on here. Anyway, I'm a married woman of 38. My son Jonathan just graduated from high school and now in the process of figuring out what to do next. We have 6 Chinese Shar Pei, and that pretty much sums me up.

Followers